Aurora Indigenous Scholars Study Tour Symposium
Ten years on, the Aurora Study Tour has:
- provided opportunities for over 150 talented Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to gain insights into the experience of undertaking postgraduate study at premier overseas institutions;
- seen 62 participants go on to apply to study at the universities visited, with 94% being accepted.
Dates for the Study Tour Symposium are yet to be confirmed, but will most likely be in the last 2 weeks of March 2022, in person, in Sydney. Successful applicants will have their travel, accommodation and meals covered to participate at the Symposium. When the Study Tour is able to next visit the UK and US, successful applicants for the 2021 Study Tour Symposium will be invited to participate.
How to apply
Internally managed. Fill our online form at https://aurorafoundation.com.au/our-work/indigenous-pathways-portal/scholarships/aurora-indigenous-scholars-study-tour-symposium/
To be eligible to apply, applicants must:
- Identify as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander;
- Have graduated from your first degree, or have completed at least two years of your undergraduate degree;
- Have a distinction average or on a pathway to an Honours degree;
- Have a strong interest in postgraduate study overseas;
- Be willing to act as an ambassador of the program while overseas.
How to Apply
Apply online here.
You will need to attach the following documents to your application:
- Personal Statement/Cover letter, explaining your background, career aspirations and reasons for wanting to go on the Study Tour;
- A Curriculum Vitae;
- An official Academic Transcript of all university results (including mid-year results, if available);
- Confirmation of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander descent through a signed statement (including common seal) from a Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander Heritage Association, Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander Corporation or Land Council;
- A high-resolution headshot;
- Copy of your passport bio-data page;
- Three written references (two of which should be academic references).
- Applications close 26 November 2021 (extended to close Sunday 28 November)
- The interviews for this round will take place on the week of 7 December 2021.
- Successful applicants will be notified by end of December 2021.