Mike Rathbone has donated funds to The University of Western Australia in honour of his parents, John and Dixie Rathbone, to provide a scholarship to encourage ...
Douglas Jamieson Aboriginal Scholarship
This Scholarship was established in 2014 to provide assistance to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students undertaking undergraduate studies in Science of Engineering.
The Scholarship is valued at $7,000 and is tenable for the duration of the degree.
- identify as an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander person as defined by University policy
- be an Australian citizen
- be studying or commencing in an undergraduate degree in science of engineering
- be from a rural, regional or remote area
- be experiencing financial hardship
The Scholarship will be awarded on the basis of:
- academic merit
- level of financial disadvantage, and
- level of remoteness of previous residential address
Preference will be given to applicants undertaking studies in Mathematics.