The Australian Institute of Personal Trainers is excited to again provide the opportunity for Indigenous Australians who wish to pursue a career within the heal...
The HESTA Indigenous Midwifery Scholarship
The HESTA Indigenous Midwifery Scholarship was established to support an Indigenous student enrolled in their second year of the Bachelor of Midwifery degree who is experiencing financial hardship, carer responsibilities and/or social disadvantage.
Unknown - check with provider
How to apply
Externally managed. Apply at https://www.griffith.edu.au/scholarships/scholarship-listings/the-hesta-indigenous-midwifery-scholarship
- be an Australian Citizen;
- be Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander;
- be enrolled in the second year (completed at least 80 credit points) of the Bachelor of Midwifery degree at Griffith University;
- have a minimum GPA of 4.5.
- be experiencing carer responsibilities, financial hardship and/or social disadvantage.
Having come from a background of poverty;
Being a sole carer for a family member(s);
Being a parent of a child with special needs.
How to Apply
To be considered for this scholarship, you must complete the following sections within the application:
Study details: Program
Income and expenditure;
Personal Statement (complete where relevant, minimum one statement required):
Experiences: Social circumstances of significant hardship or disadvantage;
Family: Carer and/or parenting responsibilities;
Challenges experienced: Educational disruption/challenges you have had to overcome.