American Australian Association Graduate Education Fund Indigenous Scholarships
The Graduate Education Indigenous Scholarships support Native American, Alaskan Native, Native Hawaiian, Indigenous Australian and Torres Strait Islander individuals, to undertake full-time Graduate level study (Masters, Ph.D. or Postdoctoral Research) in each other’s countries respectively. These scholarships will provide support of up to US $40,000 to use toward travel, living, tuition and other associated educational costs.
The following scholarship is available each year:
- AAA – Aurora Indigenous Education Scholarship (AUS to USA only): Will support two Indigenous Australian or Torres Strait Islander individuals undertaking or planning to undertake full-time Graduate level study (Masters, Ph.D. or Postdoctoral Research) in any disciplinary field, at an accredited educational institution in the US.
To be eligible to apply to the Indigenous Graduate Education Scholarships in the Australia to USA direction, applicants must:
- Be an Australian citizen or permanent resident (dual US citizens/permanent residents are not eligible);
- Be a recognized member of an Indigenous Australian or Torres Strait Islander community;
- Be undertaking or planning to undertake Graduate level study (Masters, Ph.D. or Postdoctoral Research) at an accredited educational institution in the US (offer not required at time of application);
- Be studying or planning to study for a minimum of one year full-time in the US.
How to Apply
Application links to apply online will be made available when each application round is open (as per the dates listed above). Once you have started your application you can save, leave and go back any time before submitting by the due date. Please ensure to save your application each time you exit the browser in case of unforeseen technical difficulties.
Please read our Frequently Asked Questions prior to starting an application.