Established by the University of Otago Council in 2014, through the provision of funding from Helen R Thacker, this scholarship aims to support students of Abor...
American Australian Association Veteran's Fund Indigenous Scholarships
The Veterans’ Fund Indigenous Scholarships support Native American, Alaskan Native, Native Hawaiian, Indigenous Australian and Torres Strait Islander post 9/11 military veterans, to undertake a minimum of one-year full-time study in each other’s countries respectively. These scholarships will provide support of up to US $40,000 to use toward travel, living, tuition and other associated educational costs and may be used in conjunction with other veteran support such as the GI Bill.
The following scholarships are available each year to Indigenous Veterans:
- Veterans’ Fund Undergraduate Scholarships (multiple offered in either direction): Supports American and Australian indigenous veterans pursuing or planning to pursue undergraduate study in any disciplinary field, in the country of the other;
- Veterans’ Fund Graduate Scholarships (multiple offered in either direction): Supports American and Australian indigenous veterans pursuing or planning to pursue to Graduate-level (Masters, Ph.D. or Postdoctoral Research) study or research in any disciplinary field, in the country of the other.
To be eligible to apply for an Undergraduate or Graduate Veteran Scholarship in the Australia to USA direction, applicants must:
- Be an honorably discharged post 9/11 military veteran from Australia;
- Be an Australian citizen or permanent resident (dual US citizens/permanent residents are not eligible);
- Be a recognized member of an Indigenous Australian or Torres Strait Islander community;
- Be undertaking or planning to undertake Undergraduate or Graduate level study (Masters, Ph.D. or Postdoctoral Research) at an accredited educational institution in the US;
- Be studying or planning to study for a minimum of one-year full-time in the US.
How to Apply
Application links to apply online will be made available when each application round is open (as per the dates listed above). Once you have started your application you can save, leave and go back any time before submitting by the due date. Please ensure to save your application each time you exit the browser in case of unforeseen technical difficulties.
Please read our Frequently Asked Questions prior to starting an application.
Applicants do not have to be accepted into an accredited educational institution at the time of application, though should be actively looking for placement. Successful applicants will have up to two years to find a placement at an institution in the country of the other and begin their studies.
To make inquiries about these scholarships please contact AAA Education Manager – firstname.lastname@example.org