The Godfrey and Ione Hester Indigenous Pathway Scholarship in Medicine was established by Dr. Vanessa Harvey in memory of her parents, to provide assistance to ...
Australian Rotary Health Indigenous Health Scholarship
The program is a co-operative program between Australian Rotary Health, Rotary clubs, some State or Territory Governments and the Commonwealth Government. The object of this program is:
- to provide a scholarship, which can be used to assist Indigenous students to under a course in a wide range of health related professions;
- to assist students to gain an education which will in turn enable them to use this education for the benefit of other Indigenous people in some of our remote areas;
- with the intention of training doctors to work amongst other Indigenous people, but the scope of the scheme has grown to permit the training, firstly of nurses, and now other health related professionals.
To be eligible the applicant must:
- be of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander origin
- be undertaking and enrolled in the appropriate approved medical or health related degree
Successful students will receive $5,000 per year ($2,500 will be paid each semester).
Preference will be given to applicants:
- gaining their first tertiary qualification
- who have already completed successfully at least their first year of tertiary education or any part of the stated course
- who are involved in community
Applicants will be asked to provide details of past/present studies, work experience, awards, personal development work, career path and any involvement in Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander communities.